Laurel Ridge Families,
Good afternoon and happy summer break! I am reaching out to share some news about the LRES Eagles Landing aftercare program.
This upcoming school year, the program will be open to students in PreK-5th grade. Our aftercare program will have a 1:15 teacher-to-student ratio. To ensure we are fair in the registration process, in the event interest at a grade level exceeds 15 students, we will create a prioritized list through a first come, first serve system and waitlist.
The process for registering this year will use the same format as last year.
- The form will be shared with families on Monday, July 17, 2023, at 9 am using School Messenger.
- EACH student applying for aftercare must have a form completed.
- Submitting a form does not guarantee acceptance into the aftercare program.
- Parents will be notified of their status by Friday, July 21, 2023.
- Students who are accepted to the program will need to be registered on Wednesday, August 2, 2023, during a time window. The exact time will be shared in a later communication.
I am excited to share that Ms. Sidell has accepted the role of program director. Mandatory staff training and orientation will take place during the first week of school. For this reason, Eagles Landing aftercare is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 14, 2023, and all parents should plan accordingly.
We will continue to have after-school enrichment programs at Laurel Ridge. The enrichment program class size and the grade levels served are based on vendor preference, and we are working with the PTA to bring back chess, martial arts, yoga, dance, and soccer.
Please know that once that opportunity becomes available, the PTA will share details with you.